CRATON2, specifically designed for autonomous vehicles, is the most advanced and secure V2X communication solution. It integrates a mobility optimized IEEE802.11p modem, ultra-low-latency V2X Hardware Security Module (eHSM), powerful hardware acceleration engines for lin-rate message verification, single/dual ARM Cortex A7 processor capable of running full V2X middleware and applications and optional secure CAN MCU. In addition, CRATON2 supports IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac to enable external WiFi for supplementary value added services. Due to its high level of integration, CRATON2 is cost optimized, as it reduces development, integration and certification effort and ensures the quickest time-to-market.
- Dual channel/diversity IEEE 802.11p mobility optimized modem
- IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac operation at 2.4GHz / 5GHz, up to 433 Mbps
- Concurrent 802.11p/WLAN connectivity
- Line-rate ECDSA and V2X-embedded HSM (Hardware Security Module)
- AEC Q-100 grade 2 (-40°C to +105°C ambient operation)
- Minimal thermal constraints due to high-temperature manufacturing process
- Integrated dual-core ARM Cortex A7 application CPU
- Secure CAN MCU option with CAN FD and FlexRay interfaces
- Rich array of interfaces, including USB 2.0, Ethernet 10/100/1000 AVB
- Pre-integrated software
The CRATON2 EVK is an evaluation and development platform for V2X DSRC technology, based on Autotalks 2nd generation CRATON2 chipset. It demonstrates Autotalks superior technology in the lab or field.
CRATON2 EVK is the optimal platform for evaluating the remarkable features of the CRATON2 chipset, including the best communication performance, most advanced security capabilities and rich array of interfaces.
- CRATON2 – Autotalks V2X communication processor, containing mobility optimized baseband transceiver and security accelerator.
- PLUTON – Autotalks V2X RF Transceiver.
- Remote DSRC antenna support (optional EVK HW flavor).
- CRATON2 EVK device contains:
- Dual PHY and MAC for supporting concurrent dual channel operation or single channel with optimal TX/RX diversity
- On-board GNSS receiver
- On-chip accelerator for ECSDA verification.
- On-chip Hardware Security Module for secure cryptographic operations.
- On-chip ARM Cortex A7 CPU subsystem for V2X stack and application processing
- CAN FD interface for vehicle integration.
- Upgradable Firmware