Application Engineer in Support Team
About The Position
Autotalks is a fabless semiconductor company devoted to vehicle-to-everything (V2X) communications for manned and autonomous vehicles. Founded in 2008, the company is privately held with strong financial backing. The company’s headquarters are in Israel with offices in North America, Germany, France, China, Japan and Korea.
Autotalks products consist of hardware and software providing services including communication over multiple protocols, security and cryptography, In-Vehicle-Network and others.
Autotalks implements rigorous development and quality procedures, compliant with automotive standards, with the QA department taking a critical role at the center of operations. QA engineers employ a range of manual and automated tools and technologies.
About the Position
Embedded SW Application Engineer in Autotalks’ Support Team acts as the “face” of the company as he/she interacts with existing customers and potential clients. He/she is the primary technical contact for customers on all aspects of pre-sale and post-sale technical support on Autotalks’ offering. This position offers an opportunity to assist engineers from all over the world in the usage of Autotalks’ offering, and to gain expertise in technical troubleshooting and finding creative solutions to issues that may arise.
· Provide technical support to customers and partners (remotely and on-site)
· Supporting pre-sales activities by training and delivering technical workshops (remotely and on-site)
· Handling issues reported by customers and driving to resolution
· Hands-on troubleshooting of SW and System issues in the lab
· Preparing failure analysis reports and clearly communicating them to the customer
· Represent customer needs in the organization by impacting new feature definition, schedule, and priority of bug resolution
· Drive cross-company activities such as complex issue investigations and customer design reviews
· Report to Customer Support Team Leader
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering
· 3 years developer experience in C/C++, preferably embedded
· Hands-on experience investigating complicated SW/HW/System issues
· Willingness to travel abroad (US-EU-APAC)
· Strong interpersonal skills and high customer service orientation
· Strong communication skills, oral and written, fluent English
· At least 3 years of experience as FAE/Customer Support, preferably in wireless/semiconductor/automotive industries
· Experience in HW design and troubleshooting
· Experience in the Automotive industry