CRATON (ATK4100) is an automotive-grade integrated vehicular V2X communication processor. CRATON provides the ultimate in communications and safety decision reliability, while its high level of integration minimizes the Bill-of-Materials. CRATON offers the complete functionality required for a vehicular communication safety solution when complemented by Autotalks’ PLUTON (ATK3100) RF transceiver.
CRATON provides optimized vehicular communication processing in support of OEM integrated/aftermarket On-Board Unit (OBU) and Road-Side Unit (RSU) operation. Its small size and power footprint allow it to be positioned anywhere inside the vehicle. CRATON’s low total system cost facilitates mass market deployment.
- Dual channel/diversity mobility optimized modem
- Multiple CPU cores, including ARM Cortex-R4F processor
- Line-rate ECDSA verification
- CAN 2.0B/Ethernet/SPI interfaces
The PANGAEA5 V2X Communication module is an advanced evaluation kit integrating the CRATON (ATK4100) V2X Communication Processor and PLUTON (ATK3100) V2X RF Transceiver.
PANGAEA5 contains all elements required for On-Board-Unit (OBU) or Road-Side-Unit (RSU) operation, including: RF, modem, security and positioning. It is a ready-made solution for small-scale deployments, trials or retrofit devices.
PANGAEA5 is delivered with a complete toolset for field tests, including real-time monitoring and control, and post-processing replay. OEMs and Tier1s can use PANGAEA5 to check their antenna design and configuration.
A full range of V2X applications can run on PANGAEA5.
- State-of-the-art IEEE802.11p communication:
- 11p operation at 5.85GHz – 5.925GHz band.
- High-speed mobility-optimized modem.
- +23dBm transmission power at class C spectral mask.
- Enhanced out-of-band interference mitigation.
- Dual PHY and MAC for supporting concurrent dual channel operation or single channel with optimal TX/RX diversity.
- Secure operation:
- ECDSA256 accelerator for verifying all received packets.
- Secure ECDSA256 signing using integrated HSM with dedicated V2X firmware.
- High-performance 10Hz GNSS receiver, with GPS and GLONASS support.
- High processing power using multi core technology.
- Ethernet, CAN, RS232, SPI and GPIO interfaces.
- Small form factor.
- Unregulated 9V-28V voltage input.