SECTON is a Global V2X hardware add-on that is secure, cost-optimized, mass-market ready, architected for connected autonomous vehicles, flexible and can smoothly fit multiple customer architectures. It offers simple integration with any external host CPU.
SECTON completely handles V2X security computation, thus making it cost-effective and hassle free, allowing application developers to focus on application reliability rather than vulnerability to Cybersecurity attacks.
SECTON is an automotive qualified chipset that integrates an enhanced-range mobility-optimized IEEE802.11p DSRC and C-V2X direct communications (PC5) Rel. 14 / Rel. 15 modems, an ultra-low-latency V2X Hardware Security Module (eHSM) and crypto-agile hardware verification engines. SECTON also supports IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac to enable high-bandwidth external vehicle Wi-Fi for supplementary value-added services, like data synchronization with home and high-speed downloads. In addition, it has worldwide compliance, supporting US, EU and Japan standards.
- Dual channel/diversity mobility optimized IEEE 802.11p and diversity C-V2X direct communications (PC5) Rel. 14 / Rel. 15 modems
- IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac operation at 2.4GHz / 5GHz, up to 433 Mbps
- Concurrent 802.11p/WLAN connectivity
- Line-rate ECDSA and V2X-embedded HSM (Hardware Security Module)
- AEC Q-100 grade 2 (-40°C to +105°C ambient operation)
- Minimal thermal constraints due to high-temperature manufacturing process
- USB 2.0 device interface
- Provided with host drivers for Linux or QNX
The SECTON EVK is an evaluation and development platform for V2X DSRC and C-V2X (PC5) technologies, based on SECTON chipset. It demonstrates Autotalks superior technology in a lab or out in the field.
SECTON EVK is the ideal platform for evaluating the SECTON chipset, including the most advanced features such as the strongest cryptographic capabilities and mobility optimized IEEE802.11p/PC5 modem.
- SECTON – Autotalks HW add-on V2X chip, containing mobility optimized baseband transceiver and security accelerator
- PLUTON2 – Autotalks V2X RF Transceiver
- Phantom power cable compensator port (optional EVK HW variation)
SECTON EVK device contains:
- Dual 802.11p/WiFi PHY and MAC for supporting concurrent dual channel operation or single channel with optimal TX/RX diversity
- C-V2X direct communications (PC5) PHY and MAC for supporting operation with optimal 3GPP Rel. 14 and Rel. 15 defined TX/RX diversity
- On-board GNSS receiver
- On-chip accelerator for ECSDA verification
- On-chip Hardware Security Module for secure cryptographic operations
- USB and Ethernet interfaces for integration with an external Application CPU
- 1 PPS input, for time synchronization